7.26.2012

Friday, July 6, 2012

Jason and I drove to Dundee, Michigan for the 2012 Portuguese Podengo Pequeno National Specialty. We went with two goals: 1) meet Penny, whom I'd been communicating with about her litter; 2) meet more of the breed and the people. The puppies were not going to be there, but Penny later decided to bring them. Yay!

The specialty was supposed to be outdoors, but with temps nearing 100, they were able to move it into a very tiny, cooled building. Beautiful dogs abound. I was enlisted to help Penny hold her 2 PPPs as she prepared. I felt a little out of place, not knowing what all was going on around me, but Penny and others were so friendly and helpful. 

The puppies were sound asleep through all the chaos. When the show was done, the puppies were ready to be taken out for potty and playtime. I followed... eagerly.


No comments:

Post a Comment